MK3 Polymer Receiver
Item #: 1-61-01-001
Availability: COMING SOON
Add Parts Kit?: |
KE Arms is pleased to announce development of the MK3 Polymer Receiver. Molds and tooling are currently in production and we anticipate to start shipping receivers in Quarter 2 2020.
The MK3 receiver is the heart of InRange TV’s What Would Stoner Do 2020 Rifle Project. WWSD2020 Rifles will be exclusively available at Brownell’s
The MK3 is an AR15 style receiver made from injection molded glass filled nylon incorporating the buttstock, buffer tube, pistol grip, and trigger into the receiver design as integral components.
The MK3 Receiver draws inspiration and experience from earlier monolithic polymer receiver designs while incorporating modern manufacturing techniques and features for the current marketplace.
This manufacturing process offers several advantages
- Lighter weight compared to similarly configured receivers
- Lower cost to similarly configured receivers
- Increased production speed and elimination of sub components through integration; especially important during high demand cycles in the market.
- Compatibility with most common AR15 uppers and lower parts kits
- Flared magwell to make reloads under stress easier to perform.
- A1 Length 13” Length of Pull (LOP) Buttstock to fit a wide range of shooters
- MLOK Slots at rear of stock for sling attachement points or run a strap through it for simple sling attachment
- Holes at the front of the stock for QD socket inserts for more sling attachment options
- Improved grip for comfortable use
- “Winter” Trigger Guard
- The MK3 receiver uses a Carbine buffer and spring
- The Take Down and Pivot Pins have the detents built into them; eliminating the spring and detent holes in the lower increases durability.
- The Selector spring and detent load from the top, then the selector slides over it.
- The buffer detent (should you choose to use it) is held in place with a 5/64” Roll Pin
- The MK3 is compatible with all Mil-Spec Fire Control Groups
- The MK3 is compatible with cassette style match triggers included the KE Arms DMR and SLT units. The retention system of these triggers with D-Clips in the bushings to retain the fire control pins makes them better suited for use in the MK3 than other designs that require captured pins.
- The hammer pin area is wider for durability; Standard AR15 hammer pins can still be used but we offer a longer hammer pin for customers preferring a flush pin for aesthetic reasons
Stay Tuned for Future Updates and Product Announcements as we work our way through the manufacturing process!