Aluminum Free Float Rail Installation
Removal of existing components
- Remove Muzzle Device
- Remove gas block/front sight base
- Remove barrel nut
- Remove free float tube barrel nut from free float tube and slide over barrel.
- Secure upper in action block/vice
- Use barrel nut wrench to tighten barrel nut to 35 ft/lbs
- Align hole in barrel nut to upper, do not go over 85 ft/lbs of torque
- Make sure gas tube can slide into upper and is not canted.
- Install gas block and gas tube
- Attach free float tube to barrel nut, tighten until the rail almost touches the upper.
- Use a scope mount, flat surface, or rail vice block to align the rail with the upper.
- Tighten the jam nut, with spanner wrench or flat head screw driver and light taps from a hammer. (do not use locktite)
- Secure the rail with the 3 set screws (use blue locktite)